Tuesday evening our awesome family from Castleview came to help load up the Budget truck, and did an amazing job!! Thanks to all of you who helped, we will forever be grateful for your willing spirit to help us out! We weren't able to fit quite everything on the truck, so after talking to my dad, we decided I would use his trailer and jeep to go back down to get the rest of the load. I left Indy on Tuesday evening around 8:00 p.m. and headed north up 69 to Fort Wayne! It rained my whole trip there...so needless to say....I looked like a Driver's Ed "nerd" with my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel...but praise the Lord I made it there safely!! We unloaded the Budget truck at my dad's shop on Wednesday (this is where we are storing our stuff until we purchase a home down here).In the afternoon, during some "down time" I was able to see our best friends in Fort Wayne, for a short but sweet time! Callan, Emi,and Reece are getting SO big, and Miss Jodi misses seeing them on a regular basis! :(
After laying them down for a nap, Lisa and I were able to "catch up", before I was off to my parents home. My mom made a wonderful meal on Wednesday evening,so my grandpa, sister, brother-in-law, and niece came over so I was able to spend time with them as well.
I'm a little partial...but my niece is pretty sticken cute, and we spent a lot of time reading books, and with her "honkin" my nose..followed by her adorable laugh!! :)
We also received the big announcement that my sister is pregnant again, and is due April 22nd. Congratulations, Jacque..another niece or nephew for Aunt Jodi to spoil rotten!! After spending time with my family, my sister and her husband dropped me off at the Budget truck place in Fort Wayne, and I then jumped back on the road in my dad's jeep with the trailer behind it, heading back to Indy. I arrived around 10:15 that night...again...praise the Lord for another safe trip! I stopped by Kroger after arriving in Fishers to get something to drink. I locked up the jeep, and went inside for a much needed stretch. After returning back outside...I stuck the key in the lock, turned it, and to my amazement heard the most amazing loud car alarm, and yes...it was my dad's jeep honking at me continuously!! :( I was SO embarrassed, and had no clue what to do!! After calling my dad on his cell phone..and him laughing..just a little bit...he proceeded to tell me to unlock the passenger's side door and the alarm would stop. Whew...just what I needed to keep me awake most of that night!! I woke up the next morning at 6:00 a.m. to start cleaning the house, and to load up the rest of our stuff on dad's trailer. At noon, I met friends from our church in Indy at Olive Garden for a great time of fellowship and good-byes.
Thank you, Keri, for lining up not only the guys to pack the truck, but also this special luncheon for me!
Our closing was scheduled for 5:00 p.m. on Thursday on the west side of Indianapolis. Everything went off without a hitch! The people who purchased our home are moving there from Omaha, Nebraska. They are super sweet people, and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know them better at closing. I left the west side around 6:15 p.m. and was headed back to Fishers to pick up the trailer so I could drive back to Fort Wayne. Of course...on my way there...I had to stop for some TLC time with Isaiah Heuer.
This is the precious son of Mrs. Heuer..who was Hunter's 1st grade teacher at Blackhawk Christian. Thanks, Jen and Eric for sharing your little man with me!! :) I think it was around 8:30 p.m. when I finally ended up getting on the road. Of course this was after saying some sad goodbyes to our neighbors in South Avalon! I stopped at the first exit to fix the tarp that was over some of our things, and a kind gentleman said that my lights on the trailer weren't working. Again..phone call to dad...and after playing with the connection to the jeep, etc. I wasn't able to get them to work...so I drove with my flashers on the whole way there, so nobody would "run" into me!! I was almost..and I say almost very lightly...to my parent's home...when I heard an awful THUD. The next thing I knew the trailer was swaying from side to side and was coming at me pretty fast in my rear view mirror! The trailer had unhooked from the hitch, and now it was my job as an inexperienced driver of a vehicle with a trailer attached, to figure out how I was going to get all of this safely to the side of the road!! Seeing how I was on 69, and traffic was all around me... needless to say....I was screaming out for the Lord to guide me to do the right thing! Of course, His hand was protecting me,the jeep, and the trailer... and I came to a stop on the side of 69..with not a whole lot of room between the guardrail and oncoming traffic.
Again..another phone call to dad...shaking so bad I could hardly speak!! Dad told me to hang up with him and call 911 to have an officer come out to put his lights on behind us so that when dad came to "fix" everything...the traffic would be able to visibly see that we were on the side of the road. Dad was able to get everything hooked back up, and thankfully there was no damage to the trailer or the jeep! After arriving back to my parents around 11:45 p.m. I unloaded the few things that we are also storing at my parents, and finally made it to bed around 2:15 a.m. The alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. for me to get up and catch my 6:00 a.m. flight out of Fort Wayne to come back home to my family, after one of the biggest adventures of my life!! :) I know this is a long entry...but I had to tell every detail for you to get the feel of the big picture!! :0) Thanks for all of your prayers, but most of all your friendship!!
No comments:
Post a Comment