Monday, September 8, 2008

Colts...1st Game...Ugh...

Okay...I had my post all ready to broadcast the win of the Indianapolis Colts last night in their brand new stadium!!



Instead all I have to post is...the NFL commissioner LOVES their new stadium. :(

New stadium impresses NFL commissioner
By Mike Chappell
Posted: September 8, 2008

The personality of Lucas Oil Stadium was apparent Sunday evening to the main man of the NFL.

Commissioner Roger Goodell attended the first regular-season game in the Indianapolis Colts' new $720 million home, and was struck by everything the facility had to offer.


"It's spectacular,'' Goodell said prior to the Colts' season opener against the Chicago Bears. "I had a chance to walk around a little before the game and it's got a lot of character.''

The retractable roof was open as was the sliding window on the north side of the stadium.

"The biggest thing was the glass windows at the end,'' Goodell said. "It's just striking the way it just brings the whole community into the facility. It's got a lot of character.

"I think it represents this community very effectively.''

Lucas Oil Stadium will be the epicenter of the NFL when Indy hosts Super Bowl XLVI on Feb. 5, 2012
.

Maybe next week!!!

The kids and Glenn attended the Grabill Days Parade on Saturday morning. They both got a TON of candy...and had fun spending time with their daddy! :) I had recording from 9am until 4pm for the Living Christmas Tree on Saturday, so I wasn't able to attend with them. I am SO excited to be able to participate in the tree this year...it is such a cool concept to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Looking ahead...Kearstin will be going on a field trip this Friday to the Creation Museum in Cincinnati. Her daddy is going as a "chaperon"...not sure how they consider him a responsible adult!! ha ha I will post pictures when they return.

We are keeping my niece and nephew for the weekend while my sister and her husband go camping...I sure do feel sorry for them when they return Sunday evening!! :) I'm sure a little "de-programming" will be required!! :0)

On Saturday we will spend the day at the YMCA for the fundraiser in memory of Reece. Please pray that it will be a huge success, and that His name will be honored throughout the day. If you think of it...please pray for Evan and Lisa as well...that they will have the strength to make it through such an emotional day.

Until next time...we love you!!

No comments: