Gordy's little boy, Austin, turned 3 on Friday...so we celebrated his birthday yesterday. I told Gordy I would be happy to make his cake for his birthday party. Sponge Bob is Austin's FAVORITE...so we decided to attempt putting him into cake form!! :)
I want to explain what each thing is before you see the picture...it will help you appreciate how stinkin cute it really was!!
Eyes - Jumbo Marshmellows
Pupils - Blue Airhead (melted slightly in microwave to form*)
Mouth - Tootsie Roll*
Tongue - Strawberry Laffy Taffy*
Teeth - Dentyne Ice Gum
Tie - Red Gum Drops
Belt - Black Licorice
Spots on his face - Green Gum Drops
Socks - Jumbo Marshmellows
Shoes - Mini Snickers Bars
So...here is how our invention turned out...Austin loved it...and that's really all that mattered!! :0)
Dad Claycomb seems to be recovering well from his heart attack. He still has a few "lifestyle" changes to work on...but he's putting forth a great effort!! My dad will go in tomorrow to have his stiches removed from his latest surgery...so we are hoping for a good report for him as well!!
Have a great week!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment