Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oops...I forgot!

Well...unfortunately we do not have a closing date on our home yet...not even an inspection...actually...but I do need to update some other news!!

We have received numerous e-mails about Glenn working full time...I never updated the blog with that awesome news!! I apologize! Here is the "rest of the story" as Paul Harvey would say!! :) (I know...I'm too young for Paul Harvey...but that was my grandparent's "hero" when I use to stay with them as a little girl!!)

When we moved back from North Carolina...Glenn incorporated his own company. The name of his company is River's Edge Construction and Remodeling. In the back of his mind, he really wanted to do something "on his own", but of course it's the fear of the cash up front, and all of the scary things that go along with owning your own business!

Right before Christmas, Glenn had lunch with our Pastor, and Pastor John proceeded to tell Glenn about his neighbor that buys and flips homes. He gave Glenn his phone number and said, "Give him a call, I'm not sure if he is looking for anybody right now, but it sure can't hurt to try!" Glenn called Brad...and the rest is history! :)

Glenn is working as a sub-contractor for Brad...doing "small" construction projects in the homes that Brad is purchasing. Since he started working for Brad in December, Brad has also approached Glenn about building new homes on the pieces of land that he currently owns. Since we all know that is "right up Glenn's ally"...he was thrilled when Brad mentioned this to him!! He has been putting in lots of hours in the evenings...putting all of his thoughts and ideas on paper, and drawing them up into blueprints. (I know...my husband has SO many talents!!) :)

So this is Glenn's "occupation" right now...in a nutshell.

Again...I am SO sorry for not posting this sooner...

Glenn and I are off to a couple's retreat with our church this weekend. We are going down to Brown County, Indiana. Pastor John will be doing marriage sessions throughout the weekend as well. We are really looking forward to some alone time. As much as we love our kiddos...it's been a long time for "just us"!! :)

No comments: